Six Nations Rugby at the club.

I was among the small group of supporters who turned up at the club to watch Wales and Italy, and in some cases ,the previous match. There are many supporters out there who choose not to come to the club to watch the Six Nations .That of course is their prerogative, but at times like this when the club needs all the financial support it can get, one wonders why the club has lost its Mojo. Of course with so few people there it does lack a certainatmospherewhich is understandable. This can be remedied by more of ourLoyal Supporters

showing willing and creating that buzz.
We have arguably the
Best view in town` with the large screen..Watching the game with like minded people and the delights of the free half time nosh up.
Many supporters will remember the days when the club was jam packed for such an event when Pontypridd Rugby Club was the main venue in town for watching televised international rugby.
It would be ideal to see those glory days back and for the tills to be ringing behind the bar, offering some sort of comfort for out Treasurer in troubled times.

Comments

• Times change Dai. Haven’t got the figures to hand but I recall there’s actually not as much profit margin from bar sales as you would think. Yes every little helps and all that but if there’s no margin then it’s immaterial. How can we evolve the clubhouse offer? Tricky without the investment needed. It’s in a prime spot so perhaps handing the keys over to one of these pub / food chains may be worth looking at. Perhaps include a deal for use on match days etc.

• Reminds me more margin in coffee than booze these days.

• I accept times have changed but I only knew the matches were being screened with food at 11 30 on Saturday morning.
    I may be wrong but I don't recall seeing it advertised on this website for example.
    COTP

• If the club want to make money they need to have a serious look at the efforts or lack of them that are going into promoting the club and its facilities.

• @PatVellian said:
    If the club want to make money they need to have a serious look at the efforts or lack of them that are going into promoting the club and its facilities.

Spot on Pat , nothing much on offer except to sit there drinking expensive under par pint

• one of the biggest problems with keeping anyone in the bar has been the poor quality of the beers on offer.If you look round the bar area on a matchday, you will be amazed at the number of fans who are not drinking, plus some people actually bring their own cans. On top of that you have the choice of beer in town which is also a lot cheaper plus the fact that getting fans to go to the ground for 6 N games is difficult due to it being too far from the centre. The clubhouse would be better placed in the centre of town so it could be utilised on a daily basis not just on a match day.

• Great idea, we’ll dismantle the club house and move it to Taff street, why didn’t anyone think of that before? Doh

• edited February 2019

I was present for the special AGM. There were about 150 - 200 people in the clubhouse and one girl only serving behind the bar, so naturally there were a great many shareholders, including myself, who rather than wait ages to get served before the meeting began, sat drinkless for 2 hours.

• I stood by the entrance end of the bar with two other shareholders and can tell you there was three girls serving behind the bar all evening.> @Coalopolis said:

I was present for the special AGM. There were about 150 - 200 people in the clubhouse and one girl only serving behind the bar, so naturally there were a great many shareholders, including myself, who rather than wait ages to get served before the meeting began, sat drinkless for 2 hours.