Ponty football

Any chance of having Ponty football playing out of Sardis Road instead of Leckwith as at present?
I was asked this by a colleague in the Office.
COTP

Comments

• I think and I’m not 100% sure on this, I could be wrong but I think that as it’s permanently marked up as a rugby pitch you’d have to put another set of lines down for football and obviously there’d be a cost to this (no idea how much mind)

• Fair point could be logistically impractical but would be good to see both Ponty Rugby and Football based here if possible imo.

• edited February 2019

The football team had made enquires but were refused, as said earlier it may be down to the markings or maybe not practical with the Youth usually playing at home when we’re away

• This is what I heard about dual use with Ponty rugby and football. Whether that was just a quick un-thought through response because it seems too difficult or is actually the case.

Anyway a quick Google and under a minute I found this on the FA site.

Should be reconsidered in my view if it can happen. I don't watch football but the more Sardis is used the better. There's ways around fixture clashes. If there's improvements needed to ground / facilities then these can be looked at and worked through.

• If I remember it was discussed at EGM but there’s nothing on the market that can allow markings to be changed, without overtime damaging it.

• @sardisian said:
    If I remember it was discussed at EGM but there’s nothing on the market that can allow markings to be changed, without overtime damaging it.

I don't see why they have to be changed. Just different colour as above. I'm not sure if the pitches have to be different widths, if not the only addition to marking would be the boxes and the halfway circle. Often still have them remaining down Rodney and seen at liberty stadium.

Just my uneducated view ;)

• But on the pitch we have the markings are not painted on but woven into the carpet. If you can find some way of marking the pitch for dual use, without harming it I think the directors would love to hear about it. They did seem quite keen to be able to get football here apparently no one, including pitch providers could come up with the answer.

• I see, fair enough. Shame