Bar

With the new renovations, any chance of getting a page on the website for the bar?
What's on tap, hours of operation, events, etc.

We have to make it as easy as possible for folks. That's how £ are generated. Especially these days. The competition for £ is immense. And with the younger crowd, if the information isn't immediately available at their fingertips, you just lost their £.

Comments

• Well said PD.
    It may come........commercial marketing.....

• One of the problems with the club is that it's difficult to know if its open as people pass at the top end of the carpark (or even by the time you reach the doors).

Perhaps some opening times on the entrance sign to the carpark would help.

Social media posts, particularly if we can/are show sports, Beddau RFC are really prominent in doing this. A weekly schedule followed by daily reminders.

Maybe even trying to get pool / darts teams (something I have no skills at).

Quiz nights? Maybe even a film club? I think there used to be something in Ponty showing different types of films. Again, I appreciate you need someone keen in these areas to take on any initatives.

Perhaps there are plans but no harm in putting a few ideas down.

• Some good ideas there Stone.
    I think our Exec Board are on thecase.
    Once things are in place I hope the social media website and marketing in general hugely improves.
    COTP

• Well said, Stone!!!

• @ComeonthePont said:
    Some good ideas there Stone.
    Once things are in place I hope the social media website and marketing in general hugely improves.
    COTP

Agree with this

I work in social media and marketing and I cringe when I see the club stuff. It needs to be so much better than what it is. All the changes are great but if we're not using social media correctly and if we're not marketing in the 21st century then none of it will really make much difference

• edited July 2019

@ponty1986 said:

@ComeonthePont said:
    Some good ideas there Stone.
    COTP

Agree with this

I work in social media and marketing and I cringe when I see the club stuff. It needs to be so much better than what it is. All the changes are great but if we're not using social media correctly and if we're not marketing in the 21st century then none of it will really make much difference

Indeed. A few supporters have been productive in adding Facebook events for a few games and they started appearing quite often leading up to the game, not to mention the reminders close to the date and notifications if someone posted in them. For me all Ponty games should be put on there as an event, but not only that all other games (co-hosted) such as youth, uni, college etc so it's easy to see what is happening at the ground.

I had a look for today's BBQ to invite a few people along to but I can only see a poster. But with Facebook events it pops up and tells others that people are going/interested. Simple way to spread the word.

• Events are a great way to spread the word as are customised hashtags, social media campaigns which encourage people to share plus a pet hate of mine is the social media images which don't fit correctly. Posters are a little dated and don't work online.

I think a complete overhall is necessary, actual strategies for each platform they're all different and require a different approach. Social media isn't just throw up some links and that's it.

Thought out marketing would help as well, the clubhouse opening on Thursday made little sense and then nothing appeared on the clubs accounts while the event was actually on, it wasn't until hours after they retweeted anything. If you capture the buzz there and then other people are far more likely to turn up too.

• Better beer management would also be good!

• @Onthebus said:
    Better beer management would also be good!

In what way?

• I was hoping to see pics of friends, players, and others, at the BBQ. Lack of anything gives certain unlikely, and unwarranted, impression of what went down. It's like we're hiding something. Was it a failure? I dunno.

FFS, we have to 'sell' this team, and those with the ability are just not doing it.
    A nice post on the website, with some pics, thanking the players and all the supporters that came out, would go a long way. Did everyone have a great day? Who the hell knows.
    How can you expect anyone to come next year?

Is it me, or are we in 1919 instead of 2019?
    I'm pretty sure lots of volunteers contributed that day, and no one, other than those who attended, have a clue as to how much work and dedication they put into it. Where's the recognition?

We have to stop sitting on our arses, and be aggressive...or we're done. Why can't people see that?
    Baffles me.
    Promotion, Promotion, Promotion. On all avenues. And don't let up! Something that you might think is small and irrelevant, could attract one more Season Ticket/Share Holder. That's one more than we had.

• @PontyDragon said:
    I was hoping to see pics of friends, players, and others, at the BBQ. Lack of anything gives certain unlikely, and unwarranted, impression of what went down. It's like we're hiding something. Was it a failure? I dunno.

FFS, we have to 'sell' this team, and those with the ability are just not doing it.
    A nice post on the website, with some pics, thanking the players and all the supporters that came out, would go a long way. Did everyone have a great day? Who the hell knows.
    How can you expect anyone to come next year?

Is it me, or are we in 1919 instead of 2019?
    I'm pretty sure lots of volunteers contributed that day, and no one, other than those who attended, have a clue as to how much work and dedication they put into it. Where's the recognition?

We have to stop sitting on our arses, and be aggressive...or we're done. Why can't people see that?
    Baffles me.
    Promotion, Promotion, Promotion. On all avenues. And don't let up! Something that you might think is small and irrelevant, could attract one more Season Ticket/Share Holder. That's one more than we had.

The BBQ was a massive success in every way, loads of people there, great band playing great music, took loads of money behind the bar, everyone were happy and having a great time, as for did everyone have a great time who the hell knows, well i the hell knows and everyone did have a great time, as for pictures did anybody take any who knows i think everybody was having such a good time that it didn't cross their minds to take any

• As mentioned elsewher we have a marketing team, where were they, they should be taking pictures capturing soundbites, would've taken 10 mins max, then by all means join in with the fun...

• @ExiledInNewport said:
    As mentioned elsewher we have a marketing team, where were they, they should be taking pictures capturing soundbites, would've taken 10 mins max, then by all means join in with the fun...

Who knows Perhaps they're on their holidays, it is summer after all

• I look forward to great media coverage when holidays are over.
    COTP

• Funny thing i was talking to Guto at the BBQ and thinking how much better our media team used to be, in my opinion that is

• Good to hear Guto was at the BBQ. Did great work for us for a long time.

• @Chclda15 said:
    Funny thing i was talking to Guto at the BBQ and thinking how much better our media team used to be, in my opinion that is

Mine too.

• @ExiledInNewport said:
    As mentioned elsewher we have a marketing team, where were they, they should be taking pictures capturing soundbites, would've taken 10 mins max, then by all means join in with the fun...

Exactly. A little effort, with possibly a big return. We have to show the club to the world, at its best!
    Some...some...may think, no pics. Probably didn't have a good turnout. And that's the wrong message to send. You want to entice people to come to the club by showing them every event was a great time.

Same goes for this Saturdays 7's. Need pics. And they don't have to be professional. Candid shots can sell the club as well. Hell, everybody has a phone that takes pictures!!! No more excuses that we left the camera home/in the car. ;-)
    As we no longer have a Media Officer (yes, Guto was the best, and we could really use one!), email the pics to the Commercial & Marketing Officer: COMMERCIAL@PONTY.NET. They can all then be sorted and posted to the website. At least we tried.

• You can't be in two places at once, sometimes you just got to go to where you think is the most important, its tough i know cause we all like to be there but you can't rely on others to have to write posts or take pictures, and before i'm shouted down which i will be i don't think anybody gets paid to do so

• edited August 2019

Sorry, Chida15, but I'm pretty sure almost every PRFC supporter has a camera on their phone. And we have at least two places to post the pics on FB, and they can be emailed to the club as well.
    And Twitter too.
    We need contributions from everyone.

• Things are looking up! Fantastic news that Guto is back!

• Ole ole ole ole Ponteee Ponteeee!!!
    No more to add really.
    COTP